Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quick One Month Old Update

My baby is now one month old today and still not ready to be brought home. Even though surgery on our little girl's nose was a success, she is still struggling quite a bit with breathing.  She also has trouble with swallowing which seems to compound the problem as she has quite a lot of secretions following surgery.  The surgeon is going to put her under tomorrow to take a better look at her airway and see if he can find the problem. Please be praying.  And I can tell you right now that it will be at least another 3 weeks in the NICU and that's if there are no more bumps in the road.  So not holding my breath on that one. 

I'm getting to know her better though and can't wait to see more of who she is.  Love her terribly and wish she were with me all the time.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Aww I'm praying for you. Be strong Mama, you'll bring her home before you know it. :)
Peace in Christ